Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Movies and Literature

The more i read about Vietnam the more i realize how much i don't know. I'll be leaving for training camp in CA in about three months....which sounds so close to me. I have so much to do! I'm on spring break this week and have been trying to read up on Vietnam, learn a few phrases, and work on support raising while i have a break from school. I'm heading to the library this afternoon to pick up a few movies and books that TeachOverseas recommended i look at before this summer.
These are a couple movies they recommended: The Quiet American and Scent of Green Papaya.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Danae,
I went with TeachOverseas to teach in Cambodia a few summers ago. One of the movies we watched was called New Year Baby. If you're looking for related movies/videos that might be an interesting documentary to watch even though it's primarily about Cambodia. A lot of the culture is similar.

Danae Gillespie said...

Joshua,
Thanks so much for the advice! It's so nice to hear from someone who actually has gone somewhere with TeachOverseas :) I'll for sure watch the movie you recommended!