Thursday, August 19, 2010

No Place Like It.
I'm back in little Cedarville after two months of traveling.
One evening back and i already feel as if i had never left...good friends can do that :)

It's not the place, it's the people. And God has filled my life with lovely people.
Warm summer nights. Guitars. Friends. God. It's easy to to feel content when my life is as smooth and as beautiful as polished glass. But will i be as content when situations change?

Going overseas to Vietnam tipped my delicately balanced "contentment" into a horrible spiral of discontentment. I found myself continually asking "why" ? Ultimately questioning God. Questioning if He had a purpose for me in this strange country. Questioning whether He knew what He was doing with "my" life...as if it really were "my" life.

I read this passage over and over again in my little room in the midst of Bien Hoa, Vietnam:

"Why do you say, O Jacob,
and complain, O Israel,
'My way is hidden from the Lord;
my cause is disregarded by my God'?
Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can
fathom."
(Isaiah 40:27-28)

Who am i to question what God has planned for me? Who am i to doubt the God who breathed life into me, died for me...loves me? Who am i without Christ...

1 comment:

Katie Sue said...

It was a blustery day..said Pooh bear ;) I love my Nay