Friday, July 15, 2011

Gold like Corn


I'm grinning from ear to ear (haha get it?), you know why?
It's Friday, the sun is out, and I just bought sweet corn from the market down the street.
And I'm about to whip up some of this parsley butter to put on it:

Lemon Parsley Butter
In a small mixing bowl, beat:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon finely snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon sugar
with an electric mixer on low speed or stir until well combined.

Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour to 24 hours before serving to allow flavors to blend. Bring butter to room temperature before serving. Makes about 1/2 cup.

Also, I'm reading My Àntonia by Willa Cather, which is a wonderful book. More to come on corn and Cather later.

Have a sunshine and wonderful weekend!

No comments: